Reply to topic Crow Hunting
Crow Hunting
NonTypical07

Pabucks.com Pro Staff Writer

Zodiac: Cancer
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 6141
Does anybody have any tactics for crows? I've seen tapes that make crow noises and mouth calls that you use for turkey hunting. But what works the best. I like shooting them with .22s but that gets old. It would be fun to shoot em with a 12 gauge on the fly.
singleshot75

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 644
i've only shot them with a 22 they are difficult to get real close to they see you before you see them
madskilz08

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Pisces
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 5280
It's hard to get to them... They have good eyes
woodsan

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 390
for crows, camo is a must. A few decoys helps alot. If you use a tape like a "johnny strewart, Crow & owl fighting" and can lay off pulling the trigger when that first "scout" crow comes in to investigate, Some pretty good action will sometimes follow. Matter of fact, I was setting on my back porch at 7:00 am this moring, drinking a cup of coffee, with my crow call blaring. Ps. The wife didn't appreciate it much.
crow
Biller

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Libra
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 2494
Ahhhh crow hunting,
Its great fun, and depending on how good or bad a shot you are you can go through a boat load of shells in a couple hours, if you find a good spot.
A friend of mine has made it possible to go out on some near by farm land. These areas always seem to produce more crow. Hunting over a fresh manure spread field is a good idea. You should go in undetected in the morning. And yes full cammo and remaining still until you shoot is a must. Decoys are also a must I think for close range shoots. Its a good idea to have one decoy in a tree as the lookout crow. If you use an owl decoy with crows, crow should be lower then the owl.
Where you set up is important also. Crows will approach your decoys at the height of the trees around you. If you can get into some low growing trees or shrubs this will make your job a bit easier. Also try to set up so that when crows approach they will be flying into the wind. This slows them up a bit. Have fun! [Smile]
buck only

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Game Tokens: 4
if you hunt for pheasent around corn or wheat fields, alott of the times when you walk thrue them you kick out crows. there fun to shoot especcialy when pheasents can not be found.
Deadeye

Zodiac: Capricorn
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 3607
I crow hunt right below a butcher shop. I sit at the edge of the woods and watch a corn field to my left and soy beans to my right. I sit up on a bank at the edge of the woods where they throw all the scraps from the butcher shop and the crows LOVE eating those scraps. I can sit there all day and go through 2 or 3 boxes of shells. When i dont hunt there i use an owl call with an owl decoy which is a killer for crows.
crow
Biller

Highest Ranked Member!!

Hall Of Fame Member

the best kinda crow.

crowstream.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.85 KB
 Viewed:  248 Time(s)

crowstream.jpg

woodsan

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 390
Biller.. You're Goooood. For me to kill that many crows on one outing I'd need a wheelbarrow load of shells. I'd have to eat them 'cause they'd be costing me about 20 bucks a pound.
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
Ok, this is probably a stupid question...but I know you dont eat the crows...but what do you do with them when you kill them?
oh
Biller

Highest Ranked Member!!

Hall Of Fame Member

Oh contrary PSU,
Crow if you so desire can be a delicacy. One small incision across the base of the breast insert two fingers and pop out two lima bean shaped fine tasting breast meats. If you will. There are a lot of different ways to cook and serve these plentiful fowl. Some say they are rats with wings, but whats a squirrel? Tree rat. I say pigeons are rats with wings and crow are willey game birds that not just any shmo can score. So I say to you my friend, HUNT crow in good conscious and dont shun its nutritional value. Besides you've heard the cleshay of "eating crow" I think the Eagles ate some tonight.
Besides, Do you expect a guy that hunts crows to be able to spell?
captinjack

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Aquarius

Game Tokens: 1009
My best trophy last year was shooting a crow with my bow. I was hunting out of a double bull blind and at 15 ft. the crow had not a clue that I was there. Most folks don't have a clue how difficult it is to shoot a crow as they are anything but stupid.

I'm going to give the blind a try again though this time with a shotgun. I'm going to WV between Xmas and New Year and will let y'all know how I made out
crow
Biller

Highest Ranked Member!!

Hall Of Fame Member

Git cha sum captin. Good luck and HAVE FUN. Bring back some pictures.

crows.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.53 KB
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

crows.jpg

Crow Hunting