Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Does anyone use the Primos cans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Markscoop

I'm a 5 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 6 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 5 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 6 Pointer.

Game Tokens: 41
I've used the "Can" for several years with mixed results as well. I keep a number of calls with me when I hunt. I just look at it as another tool in the arsenal.

I did have an 8 pointer run to the next county last season when I tried the can on him. Somewtimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Mark
Deadeye

Pabucks.com Pro Staff Writer
Pabucks.com Pro Staff Writer

Zodiac: Capricorn
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 3607
I use the primos can alot and ive had alot of success with it. Ive called many big boys in and some small bucks in. I learned not to use it though when the deer are heading your way. Only use it when you dont see any deer or when the deer are moving away from you. Doe will also come in to this call.
Anonymous

The can works like a dream, i called in a buck a day with it the last week of archery season last year and harvested one. My buddy had a monster 11 point come running across a field from about 300 yards away and came right to his spot. he missed.....but it still worked. I also used the true talked grunt call with the great big can......yeah they work. And like that one guy said they freeze in the cold, they do not.
parkze71

Currently banned
<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo
View My Character

Game Tokens: 0
i think the can works just fine on younger buck but every time i try it on mature buck they seem like they don't care about the sound...but i have a good use for the can i have got quite a few big buck with pounding the can and my grunt call together for a rattling sound its better than carrying a set of antlers into the woods every night.....and i do have to agree with the guy that says they freeze.. i had mine freeze a number of times........
Ghost

Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 
Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 1506
Calls work better in areas with lower deer densities. I hunt northern Maine where deer densities are extremly low...calls work extremly well.
parkze71

Currently banned
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo
View My Character

Game Tokens: 0
that sounds about right ... it seems that way anyway......
Younghunter

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Libra

Game Tokens: 9966
Hey, I've used the can for the last few years. It works sometimes, i've called in a few small bucks. Fawns and does might also respond and come to it, which isn't a bad thing. I experimented with it this year while having deer in my food plot to see their reaction to it. I have had some deer come a little closer to investigate and some paid no attention to it. None were spooked by it which is obviously a good thing.
Uncle Dave

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 13172893
Problem is, if you are in cover that even remotely blocks a good deal of the landscape, a deer will circle you, quite often to a point directly down wind. You may not even see the deer do this. I have hunted with buddies in the past who saw decent bucks circle my grunts of rattles, but I never saw them. A couple of years ago I started to get into the doe urine pretty seriously. The stuff that John pushes through this site is awsome, and VERY FRESH. This seems to do a pretty good job of brining in these deer, because I have had quite a number of them approach me from the down wind side.
steeleagle

I'm a 9 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 10 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 9 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 10 Pointer.

Zodiac: Leo
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 4832
This year will be my first year using the Primo Doe Bleat can... I am also going to use the primo rattle bag for the first time.. Has anyone had luck with this?

Does anyone use the Primos cans?