Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Bow hunting in PA with a felony?
Bow hunting in PA with a felony?
eagleye

I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.

Game Tokens: 20
Hello, I'm new here. I have been hunting in NJ for about 6 years. I'm looking to take my brother hunting in PA because his boss has a house right outside zone 3D. He is a convicted felon from a crime as a teen and it ruined his hunting opportunities in NJ.

In NJ the law reads that a felon cannot use a "weapon" and it bars him from using a bow or firearm. In NY he is able to hunt with a bow because the law reads a felon cannot use a "firearm".(our state lumps them together by the term weapon)

I'm wondering what the PA state law is so maybe we could do some bow hunting together. I called the LE division of PA wildlife and the lady was not sure. I'm just looking for some general info, I'll back up all info to prevent and miss informings.
renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
We do some stupid things when were young, without regards to it's lifelong ramifications. Nowadays even non harmful crimes can keep you from a license.
I've looked here at the Title 34 Game laws and couldn't find anything, but I did see this number below.

"If you have any questions concerning hunting or furtaker licenses, please call or write to the Pennsylvania Game Commission, License Division, 2001 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9797, telephone (717) 787-2084. Our office is open Monday through Friday (except state holidays) from 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m."
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
I have never heard that you couldnt because of something like that, but you can be safe and check with the game commision. [thumbup] Renegade is correct!
eagleye

I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.

Game Tokens: 20
After a bit of getting the run around I finally got to the law division of the PASP and they informed me it will be OK. Recorded the supervisors name and info for future reference.
deerslayer9688

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 20735
thats good to hear [thumbup] good luck bowhunting

Bow hunting in PA with a felony?