Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Pearson Z-34
Pearson Z-34
oifvet2006

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Virgo

Game Tokens: 3170
I just bought a Pearson Z-34 on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has any 1st hand experience with one. I'm still waiting on it to get here so I can try it out. I should've shot one first before I bought it but I figured if I don't like it, I'll just put it back on ebay and resell it. Anyone have pros and cons for it?
oifvet2006

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Well considerating the ZERO replies I've had to this post, I'll go out on a limb and say that no one has any info either way on this particular bow. So I'll start my own small diary on it so as to possibly help someone in the market for a new bow. I just recieved it today in the mail, and am liking it so far. I need to get it to my uncle's place to get it on a scale and let you know what the poundage is set on, but I am guessing it is on about 60 pounds(max poundage is 70) right now with a 29" draw. And again I am guessing here but I think I am getting about 290 fps, supposedly you can get 325 fps out of it, so we'll see. It is a very nice bow to carry at 4.2 lbs and 34.25" axle to axle. I am shooting 5060 Wolverine carbon arrows from Wal-Mart with 100 gr. field tips, once I get it to the shop I will let you know what the speed is at with what I am currently using. That is a pretty heavy arrow so I may drop down to a smaller one, but am almost definately going up to a 125 gr. tip. I have sighted it in up to 20 yds. so far and this thing is fast and very quiet. Let it be known that I am shooting it in my basement which is obviously an enclosed space and still very impressively quiet. Very smooth shooting bow with virtuosly no shock in the grip. My previous bow was a Mathews MQ1, and although a very smooth and quiet bow itself, I was not impressed with the kinetic energy it produced, I have shot many deer in the past without 1 pass through, every deer I shot with it had about half of the arrow shaft still sticking out, except for this red squirrel,but that doesn't count. This one has sooo much more. Again, still in the test faze of this bow but so far I am very happy with it. Any replies are welcome.
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
Glad to hear you are happy! I havnt heard much about the bow so I didnt say anything, but it sounds like its working out great so far for you! I got my fred bear truth about a month ago, just got my new sight, stabilizer, and rest the other day, now I just have to get down to the local shop and get everything set up, get some arrows, and get it paper tuned for a start [thumbup]
oifvet2006

Yeah, I just went to Bass Pro Shops up in Auburn, NY on Sunday and saw that Fred Bear Truth. That was a real nice looking bow. I was curious about how they were. I heard something about Bear and Primos working together, made a good looking bow.
oifvet2006

This is the Z-34, just to give you a visual image. They're not the greatest pics, so for better ones you can go to www.benpearson.com if you want.
oifvet2006

I screwed up with the last reply, it was supposed to have 2 pics with it, so here's the 2nd. I'm still learning.
oifvet2006

I found this little tidbit of info while searching a review on Basspro. Thought it was kinda funny, but also a bit of add-on info to my previous posts about this bow. Review 15 for RedHead Layered Foam Targets
Overall Rating: 1 out of 5

arrows were easy to pull out but...., September 21, 2007
By Derrick

"Hi,

Great customer service and fast shipping. I do not fault Bass Pro on this part. However, for some reason this target does not stop my arrows. I shoot a Pearson Z-34 at a 70 lb draw w/ 29.5" draw length. When I got the target I stood 20 yards away and fired three arrows. They all landed with a loud thunk and a cracking sound. I went to the target and found out that my field points tore straight through the target and through the plywood fencing I had behind the target. However, it was very easy to remove the arrows. Two fingers that's all. Maybe my arrows are coming in too fast?"
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
oifvet2006 wrote:
I found this little tidbit of info while searching a review on Basspro. Thought it was kinda funny, but also a bit of add-on info to my previous posts about this bow. Review 15 for RedHead Layered Foam Targets
Overall Rating: 1 out of 5

arrows were easy to pull out but...., September 21, 2007
By Derrick

"Hi,

Great customer service and fast shipping. I do not fault Bass Pro on this part. However, for some reason this target does not stop my arrows. I shoot a Pearson Z-34 at a 70 lb draw w/ 29.5" draw length. When I got the target I stood 20 yards away and fired three arrows. They all landed with a loud thunk and a cracking sound. I went to the target and found out that my field points tore straight through the target and through the plywood fencing I had behind the target. However, it was very easy to remove the arrows. Two fingers that's all. Maybe my arrows are coming in too fast?"

Id say a little to fast haha.....thats alright I guess [thumbup]

Pearson Z-34