| Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:34 am
Our recent growth has exposed an issue that will be dealt with in this post. We have seen an escalation in posts where members have been slandered and/or personally attacked by other members. While the owners of PABucks (Administration Members) genuinely value a diversity of opinion, we must insist in the strongest manner possible our desire to have a site void of such conduct. There are plenty of sites on the internet where such fare is common place, but we will not allow this forum to degrade into a free for all where trash talk is standard operating procedure. EVERYONE should read and understand the following set of rules. It will be assumed that you have, and thus you will be held to these rules as anyone else will. The following 5 (five) rules will insure that this forum continues in the manner that was envisioned when the administration created this on-line community.
1) NO ADVERTISING. If you have an item or product line that you would like to peddle, DO NOT attempt to post a message advertising said items on the forum board. We have an CLASSIFIED FORUMS for such business. ANY ATTEMPT TO ADVERTISE ITEMS FOR SALE IN ANY FORUM SHALL CONSTITUTE IMMEADIATE DELETION OF THAT USER'S ACCOUNT.
2) NO PROFANITY. While we do have a word filter that scours each word that is posted, some people still like to get cute and attempt to “camouflage” their language. Please refrain from using special characters to express your thought. If you must cures, do it at home. A hammer to the thumb ussualy works well.
3) NO LEWDNESS. Keep it clean - we have teenagers that we value very much as members. We do not need them, or anyone else exposed to imoral and unclean talk. Think of others before you add any color to your posts.
4) NO FLAMING OR TROLLING! DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT engage in trash talk directed towards ANYONE. DO NOT TROLL for trouble by baiting members with posts that you fully intend to use as a means to ruffle the feathers of others. The management of PABucks appreciate and value diverging opinion. We welcome diversity of opinion as a mechanism for quality debate. There is however, a fine line that is crossed when an author of a post goes that extra step into the realm of the personal attack, baiting or trash talk against another; member or not.
5) NO CROSS POSTING. Use some thought as to which category your post belongs in. Do not post the same message in more than one forum. If you are passionate about a particular subject, flooding multiple topics with the same information will not win you many admirers, and will more than likely result in the deletion of the posts in question.
6) MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE A NO NO. The creation of multiple accounts by a single user will not be allowed. While difficult to enforce, we do have the ability to track IP information that could lead us to feel that a user is attempting to inflate his or her point of view through the use of multiple usernames. The owners and operators of PABucks.com reserve the right to ban any member who appears to violate this rule without discussion.
Failure to adhere to the above mentioned rules could result in one or more of the following; a) immediate editing or deletion of abusive post, b) e-mail contact from an administrative member, c) additional administrative warning and notification of possible ban from PABucks discussion forums, d) deletion of user account and ban of user ISP.
The owners (administration) of PABucks thank you in advance for adhering to our simple rules. We take much pride in what we have been able to build here and wish it to remain as it is in the future. PABucks is a community that is composed of hunters who desire the exchange of experience and opinion. While we may have our differences, we remain steadfast in the knowledge that we are bound by a common passion for our wild spaces. With our wild spaces in mind, let us embark on a journey of fellowship as we use this internet community to better our awareness of the issues related to wildlife and resource management.
Enjoy Our Forum Board,
The Board Administrator