Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Remington model 770...any good??
Remington model 770...any good??
buckman

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Game Tokens: 18584
Looking to buy a new rifle in .270 and trying to get best bang for $$$. Came across this new package deal from Remington. Model 770 with mounted Bushnell 3X9, 40mm scope. I can get a .270 for just under $400.00. Does anyone know anything about this new model (770)??
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
have not heard much about them, but if its anything like my packaged 710 I got 2 years ago its a great gun for the $$!! [antlers] [gunshoot]
Ghost

Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 
Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 1506
Buckman...

I would be very suspicious of any gun for that price ...and it even has a scope....I dont know..but if it were me...Id get the new 700 Alaskan Ti in 300wsm [thumbup]
two-70

I'm a spike buck on this forum. <br> <b>My next goal is to become a 3 pointer.</B>
I'm a spike buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 3 pointer.

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 10
I bought a new remington 770 at academy sports in 270 winchester, the gun is stainless steel and was with scope for 379.00, the gun is awesome shoots very well with 130 gr power point winchester and remington reduced recoil 115 grain loads, Remington done there homework on this gun, bolt opens and closes effortlessly and the new stock feels lot better than the 710, i dont think you would be disapointed in one if ya bought it. no polymer liner in receiver
Hunterman

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Capricorn

Game Tokens: 2950
3 years later - and they are having nothing but problems with the new design Remington rifles!

JUNK!
Hunterman

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Capricorn

Game Tokens: 2950
My opinion is that they made a big mistake with the Remington Model 710 and that they came out with the Model 770 as a replacement for the Model 710...

Any gun will shoot - the problem being that not all guns shoots equally well.

When a person can adjust the trigger or replace the trigger with something better then the factory door handle - they can sometimes improve accuracy.

I believe that the Hoax that is going on right now with the Remington triggers has something to do with the people who tried to adjust their own triggers at home and messed them up and now the guns are firing by themselves - due to a lack of trigger pull.

If you buy a new Chevrolet truck and you take the factory wheels and tires off and put on tires that is twice as large and then drive down the road and the wheel bearings fails - how can it be a issue with the wheel bearings?

I believe that the new gun market caters to people who does not have enough money to go out and buy a good gun, who only wants a certain caliber and believes that the quality of all guns are the same and that the only thing that determines how a gun shoots is the caliber and the ammo they shoot through the gun.

I have two rules
First is that if I was to buy a used gun - it has to be a Remington or a Winchester that is made before 1980.
Second - if it has to be a new gun - it has to say Browning on it.

If I couldn't fulfill my dreams with any one of the two above and had to have a gun right now for hunting season, it would be a 1997 - present - Savage Model 110.
The Savage isn't always the prettiest gun or the most reliable bullet proof gun, but it always seems to get the job done.
buckman

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Game Tokens: 18584
Hunterman,

Thanks for the replys, I ended up getting the Browning X-bolt in .270 with a Leupold scope.
primative hunter

I'm a 10 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 11 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 10 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 11 Pointer.

Zodiac: Libra

Game Tokens: 975
I have shot both the 710 and the 770. Both were decent shooters. Then I got a marlin xl7. There is no comparison, the marlin wins hands down and is only a few bucks more.

Remington model 770...any good??