Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Just ordered my Whitetail Institute Sample Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Just ordered my Whitetail Institute Sample Pack
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
I just ordered my Whitetail Institute Sample Pack from them for my "demo" food plot for this year

This is what I got

Complete Imperial Seed Pak
1 Imperial Whitetail Clover Sample
1 Imperial Chicory Plus Sample
1 Imperial Winter-Greens Sample
1 No-Plow Sample
1 Alfa-Rack Plus Sample
1 Extreme Sample
1 Chic Magnet Sample
1 Video
1 Information Pack With Decal
One Year Subscription To The "Whitetail News"
$8.95 (Shipping Included)

Its enough to plant a 100 sq foot plot which Is all I need for my "sample plot" for this year. I have just a small area that I want to attempt this on to see how it works. I fig. for $9.00 I cant go wrong with it!
renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
Well I tried that last year. I used the 2 fool proof mixes, the No-Plow and the Extreme. Since it was the 2 that would be candidates for any spot in the woods and not a groomed site that's easily accessible. I actually put the no-plow in a spot where the prior 2 years I've limed, fertilized, and grew (not well) some Biologic. The extreme I put 20 feet away and raked the ground, then added about 1-2" of topsoil from a load I got at home. I got zero growth from that stuff, and not much from the no-plow. I was highly dissapointed.
TheKid

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Virgo
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 975
Birds might have gotten to it before it could germinate. We have a little one that were testing out on till we get our house finished and we can get a bigger one, and to stop it we just over saturate it with seeds so they can't eat all of the seeds. Then you have to worry about the deer eating everything when it just starts to show signs of coming up. Basically it's pretty hard but worth it if you don't have any farm equipment.
PSUHunter

renegade wrote:
Well I tried that last year. I used the 2 fool proof mixes, the No-Plow and the Extreme. Since it was the 2 that would be candidates for any spot in the woods and not a groomed site that's easily accessible. I actually put the no-plow in a spot where the prior 2 years I've limed, fertilized, and grew (not well) some Biologic. The extreme I put 20 feet away and raked the ground, then added about 1-2" of topsoil from a load I got at home. I got zero growth from that stuff, and not much from the no-plow. I was highly dissapointed.

Im hoping the no-plow and extreme will work for me. Im not sure, but I can only wait and see. I wanted to do some prep work friday on my plot, but it looks like it might be a bit wet, hopefully monday then I can get a chance to do some work.
PSUHunter

Well me and my friend spent the morning yest. doing my foodplot. We prepped the ground, planted, and now I have 3 test plots just to see how stuff grows and works for now. Also did some work where my stand is going, Ill post pics later.
PSUHunter

Here are some pics. The farmer wanted the area mowed down so we did some work, and we got the plots done. Boy the picture of me looks bad haha. Oh well.

renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
Did you have to peddle that orange tractor? [funny] [wink33]
PSUHunter

renegade wrote:
Did you have to peddle that orange tractor? [funny] [wink33]

Free equipment and Im not complaining [thumbup] it worked great for what I needed it for [antlers]
TheKid

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 975
Did you guys put up some four foot hight cages to keep the deer out of certain spots? So you can see what it would look like if there weren't any deer. That way if it struggles to grow then you'll be able to see if the deer are over using it or if something else is happening.
PSUHunter

I thought about it, but havnt done it yet. I have been keeping an eye on it and havnt seen any track around it yet
Ghost

Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 
<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 1506
Very nice PSU......But I have one question...It seems there's no woods close to your plot...Where are the deer living? How far away? They may only use it at night since the deer will have to travel accrose open territory to get to your plot.....It seems you're in a tough situation...But i could be wrong.

I made a food plot back in the early to mid 90's with Whitetail clover...I made it close to thick brush so the deer felt comfortable visiting the site during daylight hours...In other words..The deer could visit it at anytime during the day and feel safe.
PSUHunter

I know im not in the best location as you said ghost, the cover is less then a 1/4 miles off to the right of my area where the deer typically feed and whatever during daylight hours. During the summer, deer have been spotted in the area of my plot often when the crops are up. It was just a test for now, so we will see....Im gonna have to talk to you, I wanna try to talk some friends into planning a hutning trip out of state sometime

But I paid the price for this, I am covered in posin shumak from head to toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sad3]
PSUHunter

Well a little update, my Extreme plot has come up and is looking good, its got deer tracks through it all over! The other two, well cant say much about them, the clover is coming up very slow, and I see nothing in the no plow plot yet. Im going to put out my uncles trail camera soon to see what I can catch going through! [thumbup]
deerslayer9688

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 20735
NICE PSU. i sent you a private message
PSUHunter

deerslayer9688 wrote: