Reply to topic Browning X-bolt
Browning X-bolt
buckman

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Game Tokens: 18584
Due to the snowfall today, I took the opportunity to visit Cabelas with the boys in tow. Had a nice breakfast and then headed down. HEHEHE...15 minutes later we were there. I've been eyeing up getting a new rifle and FINALLY, the new x-bolt was available to check out.

Browning of course is famous for the A-bolt and now the new X-bolt is taking over. I liked what I saw in the new safety feature that allows you to keep the gun on safe while loading or unloading. I also really like the idea of being able to adjust the trigger from 3.5 lbs. to 5 lbs..

I'm leaning toward the composite stalker in .270 although the wood stock of the Hunter model is more eye appealing. Has anyone else had the chance to check out this rifle and what are your thoughts??

As a side note it came down to the Tikka T3 and the Browning's.
Luv2Hunt

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Libra
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 5845
Are the New X Bolt rifles made in Japan, like the A Bolts ? Years ago while at Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield PA I looked at new A Bolts. Almost bought one until I saw Made IN Japan stamped on the barrel. I wont buy a firearm thats Made in Japan. Just a hang up I have I guess. For me there is no comparison between a Tikka and a Browning. Tikkas which are designed and made at Sako Ltd's rifle factory in Riihimäki, Finland are Beautiful works of Craftsmanship. The Finns have been proving themselves in the Custom Rifle making business for years. I have a Old Sako Finnbear 243 caliber and just love it. Good luck on your decision. [thumbup]
Ghost

Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 
Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 1506
Luv2hunt..

Wow.. [bugeyes] .I feel the same ..I had a browning rifle at one time..I got tired of sitting in my treestand staring at the "Made in japan " stamp...Thats the very reason why i sold that gun..I just couldnt stand the sight of that stamp and knowing that the gun I'm using was made in japan.
OneShotPaJim

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Gemini

Game Tokens: 3645
I was looking at an a bolt with the boss years ago as soon as I saw the made in japan I said forget this one. I am waiting for my Tikka T-3 to come in now.
buckman

Highest Ranked Member!!

Geeez....I suppose it doesn't make me any less American does it??
I'll have to check myself at the door because I served our Country and continue to do so.
Ghost

Highest Ranked Member!!

Buckman..

How much are these X Bolts? I'm sure they are about a $1,000.00 .. Did you look into Kimber Montana 8400's?..Or Sako 85's..Or even the XCR's by Remington.

Brownings are good shooting guns...Mine was excellent..Free floating barrel from the factory..good trigger..Really a great gun for the money..But that "Made in Japan" stamp pshycologically did it for me..If you can get by that..Then buy it.
Luv2Hunt

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Libra
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 5845
Buckman, No one stated that it would make you less American. We just posted what our thoughts on these Jap made guns were. I for one won't buy it. You for one, may feel different. Like I said in my post , It's just a hangup of mine I guess. Besides, you could always put a piece of Black Tape over the Made In Japan Stamp. [greentoung]
Hoyt

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 9135
I would take the Tikka as well. My hunting buddy left his Tikka on the open tailgate of his truck after a cold and wet hunt and didn't remember it till he was almost home. He never did find it.
buckman

Highest Ranked Member!!

Ghost,
I can get a composite stalker or hunter for $650.
Ghost

Highest Ranked Member!!

Buy it...Dam..thats hard to beat. [thumbup]

Browning X-bolt