Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Portable Hunting Camp Plans
Portable Hunting Camp Plans
Excalibur-OC

I'm a 4 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 5 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 4 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 5 Pointer.

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Game Tokens: 100
Designed, built & tested by a hunter for hunters. Highly detailed plans, 73 page e-book with 37 pages of step by step text & 36 pages of diagrams. This design has been field tested for years by hunting parties of 6 to as many as 11 in Northern Ontario. Tired of sleepless nights in Damp Tents & Leintos I have designed & used this folding 15 X 21' camp that follows my pick up anywhere in the Back Country.
For More information visit my "pitch page" at www.campcomfort.net or e-mail me personally at rcollinssr@rogers.com. It has been reffered to as the "Ritz - Carlton" by Tom Huggler in Outdoor Life years ago.
New
Excalibur-OC

I'm a 4 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 5 Pointer.</B>

Hi all,
well its been almost a month since I posted this offer for the portable camp plans. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to ask/e-mail questions & give me their input. I have taken some time & redesigned the web site to give more detail on just what Camp ComfortTM is. For the new launch we have decided to offer the plans for less than price to the members of this and a couple other forums - I felt the next 500 books would cover the interested members. Check out the site at www.campcomfort.net. Thanks again Ex.
Ghost

Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 Warnings : 5 
<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 1506
Howdy..

Very intresting..I also hunt the Northern big woods of maine..I may have to check this out..

How's the hunting In Northern Ontario for Big whitetails?
Excalibur-OC

How big do you want them.
We (my group) generally combine deer hunting with our Moose hunt. Usually where you have large populations of moose you do not have many deer. However having said that there are "grey" areas were both do cohabitate. We hunt in such an area & started applying for deer tags because we had run across LARGE deer in the afternoon of our hunts. Deer tags are relativly easy to get because there are not large numbers of hunters that apply in these areas. I can tell you, when I am tracking deer to estimate the size I stick the heel of my boot in the soil beside the track & stand on it - just the edge of my heel - I know my own weight so now I compare the track impression to mine. I am 225 if the track appears at the same depth (which they have) that means there was approx 220lbs on that foot - they have 4. I should also say it is a walking track not a spooked animal.
What do you think.
There are many areas for hunting deer in Ontario not just the North, but the north is were I wood rather be, the hunting pressure is not as high on the animals.
Going very remote is the key.
Ghost

Highest Ranked Member!!

I'm looking for bucks over 200lbs dressed...I love Tracking those big bucks..Cant seem to kill them tho..Here's a Track I was following in 2006 ..His Track was wider then my 30-06 shell..I figured he was Big..But i never caught a glimpse of him..He kept leaping out of sight...I never caught up to him.
Ghost

Highest Ranked Member!!

I hunt with a group of about 10 guys in Maine..We are killing anywhere from 4 to 8 bucks per year..Some are Big and some are small...If I see a small buck I just pass on him..I dont goto to maine to shoot small bucks..So..usually i come home empty handed.

All these Bucks dressed over 200lbs..

You ever hear of The Benoits? What part of Ontario do they hunt?
Excalibur-OC

Yes I have heard of them but I am afraid I do not know where they have hunted - I would guess it would be around the Algoquin area. A lot of Non residents hunt there

Over the years I have hunted in various spots Sultan area, Foylete, Thunderbay, Haliburton, Sault St. Marie as far north as Armstrong ( the road north stops there) etc.
The above area I refer to is in the Thunderbay area. So close to the Minnesota boarder if I pointed my rifle SW my round would land in Minnesota. The whitetails have a darker hide in that area.
My groups have ranged from 5 guys at the smallest to as many as 11.
The deer hunting in lower areas such as Haliburton & Bancroft is good as well & we have pulled out quite a few "swamp Bucks".

Portable Hunting Camp Plans