Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Carcass Disposal
Carcass Disposal
dustinhb

I'm a spike buck on this forum. <br> <b>My next goal is to become a 3 pointer.</B>
I'm a spike buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 3 pointer.

Game Tokens: 25
I just moved to PA last year from Colorado and I am a little confused about the laws on proper carcass disposal in this state. From what I understand, the state has had a problem with folks dumping their deer carcass on the side of the highways, etc. and so the carcass is considered municipal solid waste and should be bagged and put with the rest of your household garbage. I do understand the reason for that if you remove your carcass from the hunting area. What I don't understand is why they make it manditory to remove the carcass from the public hunting area. I called the PA Game Commission today and said that I plan to hunt several miles from my truck and asked if it is illegal to bone out the meat and leave the carcass in the field. I was told that I need to remove the carcass from the public land I am hunting and bring it home to be disposed of as stated above. I want to know if this law seems rediculous to anyone else. I don't see the logic in removing the carcass, composed of organic materials, and putting it into plastic garbage bags to be tossed in a growing landfill somewhere. I'd appreciate anyone elses input.
Hunter65

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Location: Frostburg State University, hunt in Bedford County, 4A, PA
Zodiac: Aries

Game Tokens: 4555
I agree that that is a bit rediculous, so are they gonna tell some bear or coyote to dispose of their carcase when they are done eating? It is pretty rediculous
Re: Carcass Disposal
Jeremiah Johnston

I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.<br> My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com  Monster Buck Club.
I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com Monster Buck Club.

Game Tokens: 1725
dustinhb wrote:
I just moved to PA last year from Colorado and I am a little confused about the laws on proper carcass disposal in this state. From what I understand, the state has had a problem with folks dumping their deer carcass on the side of the highways, etc. and so the carcass is considered municipal solid waste and should be bagged and put with the rest of your household garbage. I do understand the reason for that if you remove your carcass from the hunting area. What I don't understand is why they make it manditory to remove the carcass from the public hunting area. I called the PA Game Commission today and said that I plan to hunt several miles from my truck and asked if it is illegal to bone out the meat and leave the carcass in the field. I was told that I need to remove the carcass from the public land I am hunting and bring it home to be disposed of as stated above. I want to know if this law seems rediculous to anyone else. I don't see the logic in removing the carcass, composed of organic materials, and putting it into plastic garbage bags to be tossed in a growing landfill somewhere. I'd appreciate anyone elses input.

Well ...... ya ' see Pilgrim......I believe the reasin the whole carcass has to be removed from the woods has lessin tado wit littering up the woods or disposin' of the waste than it does having an intact critter with a tag on it's ear when you get drugged back down to your mule with the rotary legs and the law man is standing thar waitin ' on ye ' . [Partrol] After all it is legal to burry the innards up on the Muscleshell . Fact is tiz a whole lot ezier like to sneak out a rucksack of tenderloin -n- backstrap with a set of anters without fiilin out yer tag properlike with out gittin cot then it is ta drug a not tagged critter past a parkin corral fulla fella hunters . Ya'all gots to ramember alsa that the majer datar fer the PGC state sci-en-tif-ic management consistsa werdens ex-aminin' dem carcasses drugged inta the deer pro-cessors fer renderin ' like them flatlanders do .

Sur'nuff their concerned with a plenty of carcasses piling up , left ta rot near public hunting grounds where the tree huggers can put an eyeball em -n- or smel em frum der shiney new SUV's -n- back in the day when we used to shoot a pile of nice buck every year offin them SGL that mighta been mora a prablum but the fact is the public grounds has beet shot off years ago now .............everen' knows that !
BILL

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo

Game Tokens: 11827
[bustagut] Great first post! welcome to the forum..............

Carcass Disposal