pricejo

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Pisces

Game Tokens: 6955
Archery hunters,

Any signs of rutting activity?

Iíve been monitoring the archery posts and havenít heard of any major rutting activity. Some sporadic chasing and buck sightings, but nothing major.

I harvested my first deer of the season, a large doe, down in Maryland on Friday, and my oldest son took a large 8-pointer on Saturday morning in Maryland. He saw 12 different bucks, all in archery range, most following the same doe. She must have been the first doe in the area to go into heat. Iíve hunted the last two evenings, and have seen about 25 does, but no bucks yet. Not sure if the warm front killed all the activity or not. Iím headed up to Tioga Sunday evening, and will hunt the entire last week of the season.

Last Saturday, my youngest son was up at our camp in Tioga, and said he saw at least 10 different bucks, one being a 10-pointer with split brow tines, and another buck, that he thinks had 12 points, and he assures me it was the largest buck he ever saw alive. All were seen while spot-lighting, and he said the bucks were going up to all the does and checking them out, however, non had singled out a doe, nor did he seen any chasing.

Needless to say, my hopes are up for next week!
BILL

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo

Game Tokens: 11827
I took in a few deer on Friday and Saturday and the hunters said the buck they shot was chasing a doe. But the forcast the past 3 days is that nothings moving. Good luck with the big ones your son saw in tioga.
PSUHunter

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 44482
All I can say is I hope they are up north, cause thats where I am headed for the next 3 days, lets hope the big boys like the antlers clanging together [thumbup]
deerslayer9688

Highest Ranked Member!!

Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 20735
the times that i have been out the 2.5 year and younger bucks around doing some moderate chasing, I have a feeling that most of the mature bucks are chasing at night time, with that in mind the best time that i have seen so far is between 1100am-200pm.( a mercer county hunter, 20 min from me shot a 176 inch buck at 230pm on Monday afternoon!) the last couple of days i have had bucks respond to grunt and doe bleat calls in the evening but just 5-10 min before shooting time. i haven't had much time to hunt in the mornings.good luck and hit em hard [thumbup]
Dirty

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Aries

Game Tokens: 2580
Rut has started for sure. Every buck I saw on Saturday was chasing a doe or checking a rub lines. With so many running around me at one point I can't say exactly how many bucks there were? But it was more then 5 legal ones at one point.

My dad hit the gunt call with a few does under his stand and said they didn't stick around to see what was making the nosie. [bustagut]
renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
Should be on, the peak will be here soon. I had a 4 point under my stand on saturday, 10 yards from some estrous gel and nothing. Then 4 doe came by within 15 yards of him and he could have cared less. They spooked and ran off but he stuck around and then mosied off in a different direction. He didn't even do any obvious sniffing. Gonna try and get out in the evening tomorrow.
NonTypical07

Pabucks.com Pro Staff Writer
Pabucks.com Pro Staff Writer

Zodiac: Cancer
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 6141
I was sure that this warm spell would be devastating to the daytime rutting activity.. then i almost hit a monster 8 at 1:00 this afternoon as he ran a hot doe in a field and across the road as the mercury rose to 64! and saw 2 scrappers chasing a doe around 3:15 in a cut field. Its time to pick em and stick em..
Hoyt

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Game Tokens: 9135
Saw 4 does tonight without a buck in sight. No sign of rut in NW Pa yet, had a single doe come under me this morning as well.
Next week will be cold and inclimate, things should heat up.
fishjiming

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Game Tokens: 2760
since last thursday i have seen17 different bucks and all but 2 were chasin i am in 1b crawford county and there is no doubt in my mind that the deer are ruttin just take a ride around and it will make u sick the number of big boys hit along the road, it is a good time to sit in the stand as long as possible ,, I only get to hunt mornings so i dont know what the evening hunting is like,,, And 4 of the bucks were big boys just a little to far out
Drop Tine

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 12240
fishjiming wrote:
since last thursday i have seen17 different bucks and all but 2 were chasin i am in 1b crawford county and there is no doubt in my mind that the deer are ruttin just take a ride around and it will make u sick the number of big boys hit along the road, it is a good time to sit in the stand as long as possible ,, I only get to hunt mornings so i dont know what the evening hunting is like,,, And 4 of the bucks were big boys just a little to far out

I agree the rut is in. I have been spotin the last few weeks and seen alot of bucks with the nose to the ground after the ladys. I almost got my buck twice this year with my truck just going down the road spoting and looking in the fields and BAM theres a buck runing acroiss the road.
Hoyt

Highest Ranked Member!!

The deer here are still nocturnal. Full rut for me is when they are actively roaming and chasing during daylight, and the auto body shops are busy. Saturday should be a good day, weather change and cool temperatures.
mickey8

Game Trophies:  2
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 44454
my uncle just got back from camp and he missed a doe but seen some small non shooters chasing does around. I'm heading up next weekend and hopefully the big boys are running around by then
archerACE

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Pisces

Game Tokens: 8835
This warm weather has deffinatly put a dampener on the rutting activity. I was out yesterday morning and didn't see a thing. I think Sunday the temps are gonna drop. Thats going to put them right back into action (should).
Hoyt

Highest Ranked Member!!

Saturday evening..saw 2 does and 2 fawns. The fawns are hanging tight and no sign of chasing bucks yet.
Danimal

I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 3 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 4 Pointer.

Game Tokens: 75
Im not going to argue with what people are seeing due to the fact that i have seen some mature bucks running does zig zag for zig zag, but i still think we have another week before it gets crazy in the woods. I think Halloween is going to be a great day for archery hunters watching big bucks running around the woods.
I think that the cold weather had the bucks thinking a little pre-mature on what they are supposed to be doin.

PA RUT !