Home Register Search FAQ Games Usergroups Log in  
Reply to topic Boundry line for shotguns and rifles
Boundry line for shotguns and rifles
DeerSlayer87

I'm a 8 point buck on this forum.<br> <b>My next goal is to become a 9 Pointer.</B>
I'm a 8 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a 9 Pointer.

Zodiac: Leo

Game Tokens: 575
Hey i was trying to figure out some information on where the boundry line is for where you can use rifles instead of shotguns? Im from 5c and hunt firearm season using shotgun, but i just got permission to St. Peters village area right across the street from a state game land. I thought the law was on the other side of RT 100 but im not sure. I tried looking on the PGC website but didnt find it. If anyone can give me some insight or help i would be great, thanks safe hunting
renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
Should be the county line boundary.

Special Regulations Areas: (all of Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties) Muzzleloading long guns, bow and arrow, manual or auto-loading shotguns, 20 gauge or larger, slugs or buckshot only; crossbows and .410 shotguns with slugs. Buckshot may not be used in Allegheny County. Only crossbows, bows and arrows are permitted in Philadelphia County. Crossbows may be used in the two-week statewide concurrent antlered and antlerless deer season.
Dirty

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
I'm a Member of the Monster Buck Club!
My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Aries

Game Tokens: 2580
I am not sure where "St. Peters village area" is located. Use of a Rifle is driven by special regulation areas. So in a nutshell if St peters village is still in 5c then no, you can't use a rifle. Below are the Special Regulation rules I dug up on the hunting digest online.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2009/page87.pdf

Regulations Areas include: In western Pennsylvania, all of Allegheny County. In southeastern Pennsylvania, all of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties.

Deer: All Special Regulations Area counties are now contained within the Wildlife Management Unit system. Seasons and antler restriction requirements are based on these units and general deer seasons. However, certain laws and regulations in regards to arms and ammunition still apply to specific counties in Special Regulations Areas. It is now lawful to hunt or take deer on private lands in the southeast special regulations areas through the use of or taking advantage of bait. (See baiting section on General Hunting Regulations page elsewhere in this Digest for more information.) Also, the regulation: when multiple harvests of deer per day are authorized, only one deer at a time may be taken. Before attempting to take an additional deer, the first deer shall be lawfully tagged, no longer applies when hunting in Special Regulations Areas only.

Arms & Ammunition: Muzzleloading long guns .44 caliber or larger, bows and arrows, crossbows, manual or autoloading shotguns, .410 or larger using slugs and 20-gauge or larger using buckshot. Buckshot is not permitted in Allegheny County. Only bows and arrows, including crossbows, are permitted in Philadelphia County. Crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 125 pounds. Small Game, Huntable Furbearers & Crows: Manually operated or autoloading shotguns plugged to a 3-shell capacity; manually operated .22 caliber or less rimfire rifles and handguns; and bows and arrows.

Lawful While Trapping: Manually operated .22 caliber or less rimfire rifles and handguns, except as noted under specific “Furtaking” regulations
elsewhere in the Digest.
RuggedHunter

I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.<br> My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com  Monster Buck Club.
I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com Monster Buck Club.

Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 1345
Pretty sure that St. Petes is in Chester County. Very close to the Berks boarder though.
RuggedHunter

I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.<br> My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com  Monster Buck Club.
I'm a 12 point buck on this forum.
My next goal is to become a Member of the Pabucks.com Monster Buck Club.

Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 1345
[quote="Dirty"] So in a nutshell if St peters village is still in 5c then no, you can't use a rifle. [/quote]

There are areas in 5C that you may hunt with a rifle....anywhere in Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton counties.
No Rifle hunting in 5c
JoescheppaeQ

I'm a Member of the <b>Monster Buck Club!</b><br> My Final Goal is to become a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!

Zodiac: Scorpio

Game Tokens: 5250
There is no rifle "hunting" allowed until you are in Berks County, however, there are public rifle ranges spread around 5c. There is even a grey area regarding the use of a .22 for squirrell hunting.
Dirty

Zodiac: Aries

Game Tokens: 2580
RuggedHunter, Your right, I shouldn't have specified all of 5c, I didn't take into account Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton counties. Since I don't hunt up that way I am didn't take them into account. Thanks for clarifying [thumbup]

Boundry line for shotguns and rifles