Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
MOUNTAIN LION KILLED NEAR BOYERS, PA
Theotis44

<b>I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!! <br>Highest Ranked Member!!</b>
I'm a VIP Member of PAbucks.com!!
Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Taurus

Game Tokens: 14800
Here's a pic of a supposed mountain lion killed in PA. It was reported that a group of coyote hunters took this cat that weighed 160lbs. PGC scooped it up for some reason. This is just how I received the info. from one of my camp members.

Coyote hunter lion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.74 KB
 Viewed:  1715 Time(s)

Coyote hunter lion.jpg

renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
It's another hoax that's been circulating the email circuit for some time now in several states. Some emails have the same pic but say "This was hit by a car on 66 near Beaver Run. Game Comm. took it. Weighed 190 lbs." Note the dog kennels in the back of the truck. Check the Boyer's newspapers and there's no new's of this either.
I like how they always add in that somehow the PGC suddenly appeared on site and removed all traces of it along with the memories of those who viewed it up until that time and any photos of it as well.... except for one fuzzy cellphone pic.
But for more on this particular one, see the following:
http://easterncougar.org/CougarNews/?p=1436
RSB

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 14500
I think people could kind of sort out the probability if these pictures are true or not if they just applied a bit of common sense.

First of all if a mountain lion were hit on the road or shot anywhere in this state within just a short period of time, and I am talking minutes to an hour at the most, it would be almost impossible to even get close enough to it to get a picture for the crowns of people that would be gathered around. Heck, when I have a bear hit on the road, and bears aren’t at all uncommon in this area, there are usually dozens of people there taking pictures when I get there and dozens more that had got there pictures and left before I got there. Last year I had a large bear killed on the road and there were dozens of pictures of it posted on the Internet before I even got the report of it having been killed. Lets face it nearly everyone has a camera on their cell phone today so pictures aren’t hard to get anytime anyone wants one.

So, if we had a dead mountain lion, killed by any means, in this state I assure you there would be dozens if not hundreds of people posting pictures of it from many different angles all over the Internet instead of just one picture with no other people in the background.

The other thing that blows my mind about posts of the WCO coming and taking a mountain lion hit on the road is why has no one ever taken the WCO’s picture while he/she is there taking possession of the mountain lion?

The fact is that pictures like this one are just pirated off of the Internet and then used to promote a hoax. It happens all the time.

Dick Bodenhorn
oldzimm

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Cancer

Game Tokens: 16920
No doubt in my mind this picture is a hoax, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon saying lions/cougars don't exist in Pa because I know better. If I were to kill a lion/cougar here in Pa, I would guarantee you that I would at least show the license plate of the truck and would have myself in the picture. To kill a mountain lion in Pa would be a once in a life time event and I blew my chance. Oh well, better to have seen and lost than not to have seen at all. [sad3]
woodhawg

Highest Ranked Member!!

Game Tokens: 18150
"Here's a pic of a supposed mountain lion killed in PA. It was reported that a group of coyote hunters took this cat that weighed 160lbs. PGC scooped it up for some reason. This is just how I received the info. from one of my camp members."

Good Lord... [Confused]
Uncle Dave

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 13172893
I got a pic in my mailbox at work that's suppose to be a trio of mnt lions in southern NY state. The cats are sitting in the snow around a couple of vehicles. What is amazing to me is that the licence plate on the pickup truck is from Colorado (the car pic is from a side angle and you can't see the plates) and the pine trees in the photo are all native to the rocky mnts.

With all of the hunters in PA & NY, you can't convince me that we'd at least see tracks of a regular basis. They not be here.
oldzimm

Highest Ranked Member!!

Here is a picture of a lion that was sent to me via email. The story is that the photo was taken last Friday (Jan.27) at the Pit Stop gas station in Hughesville and the lion was killed around Beaver Lake Rd. I think this is another hoax because there is no picture of the guy who killed the lion and there is no proof of where the cat was killed (example: License plate). If anybody lives in the Hughesville area, check this out and let us know. I must say the lion looks something like the one I seen three years ago, color wise.

renegade

Administrator
Administrator

Game Tokens: 58777
"the lion looks something like the one I seen three years ago, color wise. "
You mean the blues, the whites, the golds, the blacks, and the grays? Did they move together in slow motion as you turned your head? [hippy2] (j/k sorry, couldn't resist [eyeing] )

Yeah Dave, I got the same one this morning. It was titled "Why my husband refuses to go out and start my truck in the morning" and the text of it said "These were taken this past weekend (1/03/2010) outside of Corning NY. Corning is just a little west of Binghamton out I86." I can't make out the license plate but it does resemble Colorado's plate with the mountain range across the top.
oldzimm

Highest Ranked Member!!

[quote="renegade"]"the lion looks something like the one I seen three years ago, color wise. "
You mean the blues, the whites, the golds, the blacks, and the grays? Did they move together in slow motion as you turned your head? [hippy2] (j/k sorry, couldn't resist [eyeing] )

Yeah Dave, I got the same one this morning. It was titled "Why my husband refuses to go out and start my truck in the morning" and the text of it said "These were taken this past weekend (1/03/2010) outside of Corning NY. Corning is just a little west of Binghamton out I86." I can't make out the license plate but it does resemble Colorado's plate with the mountain range across the top.[/quote]

You can see a License plate on either of these two pic's? Renegade your eye sight is a lot better than mind.
Theotis44

Highest Ranked Member!!

OK, here is a legit pic of a mountain lion that was photographed by my friend's ex-girlfriend in Denver, PA. Ignore the license plate on the Blazer, as she was visiting from Golden Colorado where she lives. Don't pay attention to the aspen tree in the yard. They still grow em in PA too.

Mtn. Lion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.34 KB
 Viewed:  951 Time(s)

Mtn. Lion.jpg

Mtn. Lion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.34 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

Mtn. Lion.jpg

oldzimm

Highest Ranked Member!!

Okay Theotis [Roflmao] that was a good one, but the thing is the picture I posted which supposedly was photographed up in Hughesville and I believe to be a hoax. Nobody yet has proved it to be a hoax or not, surely there are some members on Pabucks from the Hughesville area that can confirm this.

It is sad that whenever the day comes when a photo is taken of a lion killed here in Pa, all we are going to get are jokes with the slightest interest in knowing if the photo is factual or not, it's a shame.
Theotis44

Highest Ranked Member!!

yep. I hear ya. My boss who has seen a lion in Tioga, whose brother has seen one more than once, was supposed to get cameras from the pgc to put out. But they've since reneged. I hope they get up there this winter to see some tracks.
mickey8

Zodiac: Virgo
Game Trophies:  2
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 44454
i heard the pgc is reintroducing raptors to try and thin the deer heard, using jurasic park scientist to help get the project up and running! maybe a few t-rex's to reall get rid of the big bucks! hunting season is over and now its cougar time!
deerslayer9688

Highest Ranked Member!!

Zodiac: Virgo
Hall Of Fame Member

Game Tokens: 20735
here are some pics from my backyard after the big snow storm

oldzimm

Highest Ranked Member!!

[quote="oldzimm"]Okay Theotis [Roflmao] that was a good one, but the thing is the picture I posted which supposedly was photographed up in Hughesville and I believe to be a hoax. Nobody yet has proved it to be a hoax or not, surely there are some members on Pabucks from the Hughesville area that can confirm this.

It is sad that whenever the day comes when a photo is taken of a lion killed here in Pa, all we are going to get are jokes with the slightest interest in knowing if the photo is factual or not, it's a shame.[/quote]

I rest my case. [sad3]

MOUNTAIN LION KILLED NEAR BOYERS, PA